MY UNION HEALTH ACCESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
IF YOU WISH TO USE MY UNION HEALTH ACCESS (“THE PATIENT PORTAL"), YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING PATIENT PORTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE:
Welcome to My Union Health Access (the “Patient Portal” or the “Service”). My Union Health Access is an Internet application that allows secure web-based means of communication between a patient and his/her Union Hospital, Inc. doctor or other health care provider on the Patient Portal for non-urgent messages and allows a patient a secure means to view parts of his/her Union Hospital, Inc. hospitals and/or Union Hospital, Inc. electronic medical records over the Patient Portal. Use of the Patient Portal is optional. Your user name and password protect the confidentiality of your health information. Please DO NOT share your user name and password with anyone. If you share your user name and password with anyone, you will compromise the security of your communications via the Patient Portal. Only you can protect your user name and password. Please do so. Please carefully read these Terms and Conditions of Use.
BY ELECTRONICALLY CLICKING “AGREE” IN THE SPACE AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE PATIENT PORTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE PATIENT PORTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, YOU MAY ELECTRONICALLY, CLICK "DISAGREE/DECLINE". IF YOU CLICK “DISAGREE/DECLINE” YOU WILL NOT BE GRANTED ACCESS TO USE THE PATIENT PORTAL. Copies of portions of your medical record are stored by My Union Health Access on this Patient Portal. Each use of this Patient Portal by you constitutes your confirmation of all the personal data you provided to enroll in the Patient Portal and your request for and authorization of the release of those portions of your medical records to you. The only information available to be released to you via this Patient Portal is portions of your medical record as determined by Union Hospital, Inc. policies. The remainder of your medical record is available through Union Hospital Inc.’s Medical Record department which you may contact by calling 812-238-7648 and the release is subject to Union Hospital, Inc. policies and procedures, appropriate authorizations and applicable law. If you wish to revoke your authorization to release medical information to you via this Patient Portal, you must unenroll under Part 1, paragraph 6 of these terms and conditions of use.
This Patient Portal is provided by Union Hospital, Inc. Union Hospital, Inc. is "Union Hospital, Inc.", "we", "us", or "our." The term "you" or "your" refers to My Union Health Access-authorized viewers or users of this Patient Portal. Union Hospital, Inc. is a non-profit health system that owns and operates acute care hospitals, physician practices and other health related entities in Indiana and Illinois. This Patient Portal is owned and maintained by Union Hospital, Inc., an Indiana non-profit corporation.
This document consists of 4 additional parts - Parts 1 through 4. It is both an AGREEMENT between you and us and also our policy in making this Patient Portal available to you.
Part 1: -The services provided through the Patient Portal.
Part 2: -Secure Messaging Guidelines and Your Responsibility
Part 3: -Patient Portal’s Privacy and Security Practices.
Part 4: -Other Terms and Conditions of the Patient Portal.
Part 1: -The Services Provided Through the Patient Portal
1. This Patient Portal provides access to health information and securing messaging tools and does not replace your doctor. We hope the health information provided to you will help you work more closely with your health care providers in deciding about your care. The information and online services we provide through this Patient Portal are not meant to replace the advice and care you receive from your doctor or other health care providers. The Patient Portal is not a substitute for appropriate and timely contact with your doctor or other health care provider. You should not stop or change any course of treatment ordered by your doctor before asking him or her. The information and means of communication provided through this Patient Portal are for non-emergent/non-urgent health matters.
2. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ACCESS EMERGENCY CARE OR URGENT CARE THROUGH THIS PATIENT PORTAL. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A MEDICAL OR PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY OR GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL.
3. The Patient Portal provides the following services:
A. Your health information. This Patient Portal provides you with copies of portions of your health information. The health information provided through the Patient Portal is not a complete copy of all your health information. The Patient Portal provides secure access to copies of health information created by your doctor and other health care providers and to copies of parts of your Union Hospital, Inc. hospitals and/or Union Hospital, Inc. electronic medical records. The information does not represent the totality of your medical record and should not be relied upon as a complete representation of your health status, as it represents only a portion of such information. You understand you are solely responsible for any sharing of your health information you intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others.
B. Secure Messaging Tools. This patient portal provides various tools to facilitate secure non-urgent communications between you and your participating provider. Possible examples of secure messaging tools include tools to request appointments, medication refills or messages to your doctor or other health care provider.
C. Health and Health Related links. To provide resources, the Patient Portal may contain links to Union Hospital, Inc. and non- Union Hospital, Inc. Internet websites or services. Unless we state otherwise, providing a non- Union Hospital, Inc. link does not mean the link may be of benefit to you or that it is approved by Union Hospital, Inc. We select the sites we link to with care, but we promise nothing about them. We have no responsibility for the information on those sites. When you choose to link to an external site, you will be advised that you are exiting our site.
4. Not all of your doctors and health care providers use the Patient Portal, so they may not know of information in your Patient Portal. It is your responsibility to advise your doctors and other health care providers of ALL of the doctors and health care providers you have consulted and the course of treatment they have recommended for you and of all test results and other matters related to your health status.
5. Children. An individual must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to request an account to use the Patient Portal. We do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of eighteen (18) to create accounts that allow access to the secured features of this site. If we determine that someone under the age of eighteen has created an account using incorrect information regarding their age, we may disable the account.
6. Un-enrolling. If you want to discontinue using the Patient Portal, you agree to click on the “Close Account” link from the Patient Portal home screen and follow the instructions to un-enroll. You understand that if you do this, you can no longer use or access the My Union Health Access and your account on the Patient Portal will be closed. You understand that any information stored in the Patient Portal when your account is closed will be archived in our database.
7. Data integrity and correction. Requests to view and correct personal information on this Service documented in your medical record may be submitted using the contact information at the end of the Union Hospital, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices.
Part 2: -Securing Messaging Guidelines and Your Responsibility
1. Please DO NOT SHARE your user name and password with anyone.
2. Please DO NOT send any messages requiring emergent or urgent attention. The Patient Portal is not for emergencies or urgent care needs. In emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. Typical turnaround time for responses is one (1) to two (2) business days.
3. You agree that all communication through the Patient Portal will be about you and your own health. The content of any message may be stored in your medical record and asking for advice or information about another person could be harmful to you and is a violation of this Agreement. Union Hospital, Inc. does not assume responsibility for health information used by persons other than the Patient Portal enrollee.
4. The securing messaging feature should not be used for medical questions. It may only request a refill of an existing prescription or to request a non-emergency appointment.
5. Patients who use the Patient Portal will be notified via e-mail when there is new medical information to be viewed on the Patient Portal. This means that any person with access to the patient’s email account may see this notification. This could include your spouse, employer or anyone else with access to your email account. Although no specific medical information will be in the email, the notification that new medical information is available on the Patient Portal may be information you would not want others to know. Keep this in mind when providing an email account. If others have access to your email, and if you do not want them to know of these email notifications, then you should not enroll in the patient portal.
6. Your secure messages may be viewed and read by your doctor, other health care providers, administrators and others who work with your doctor and your doctor's practice. Once your message is received in the Patient Portal, either the health care provider you have selected or the health care provider’s staff assigned to help manage messages may read them. Therefore, you may not wish to use the Patient Portal for sensitive information you wish to discuss directly with your health care provider.
7. We can only respond to your messages based on the information you provide. If you do not include sufficient information, your doctor or other health care provider may not communicate with you via the portal and may request you call the office or schedule an appointment.
8. Communication and secure messages sent via the Patient Portal may be in your medical record.
Part 3: -Patient Portal's Privacy and Security Practices Union Hospital, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices
This Part 3 describes how we protect your privacy as a patient and user of this Patient Portal and the security measures in place to protect your information. If you are a patient of a Union Hospital, Inc. facility, you have certain rights associated with your health information. These rights are established under state and federal law. For a more complete description of a patient’s rights under state and federal law, please refer to the Union Hospital, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices, which can be found by clicking here.
1. Unique User Name and Password. You will define your own unique user name and password to access the Patient Portal. You agree not to share your user name and password to the Patient Portal with anyone else. You acknowledge your understanding that by sharing your unique user name and password, another person may see your health information and communications on the Patient Portal.
2. Access requirements. When provided access to define your unique user name and password by Union Hospital, Inc., you may access and use the Patient Portal under these Terms and Conditions of Use and in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations.
3. Responsibility for user name and password. You are solely responsible for any activities related to your user name and password. You will immediately report:
• any inappropriate access to your account
• any loss or disclosure of your user Name or password
• any suspected or actual inappropriate access to or disclosure of treatment-related information or patient-related files
4. Right to revoke user name and password. Union Hospital, Inc. reserves the right to revoke your access to the Patient Portal in its sole discretion. You will be notified if we discontinue your access to the Patient Portal.
5. Environmental appropriateness. You are solely responsible for choosing an appropriate environment from which to log into the Patient Portal.
6. Logout. You shall always log out of the Patient Portal before leaving your computer.
7. Wireless. If you access the Patient Portal using a wireless device, you are solely responsible for the security of the session.
8. Patient Portal Security. We do not sell or rent any personal information we receive through your use of this Patient Portal. This Patient Portal has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control. These measures include encryption of data using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) system and using a secured messaging service when we send you personal information electronically. Despite these measures, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via this Patient Portal by Internet or e-mail cannot be guaranteed.
9. Site Visitor data. Union Hospital, Inc. monitors the Patient Portal including from time to time frequency of usage, issues with usage and other specific usage.
10. Evaluation and research. We will periodically ask users to complete surveys asking about their experiences with features of the Patient Portal. Our surveys may ask visitors for demographic information such as age, gender, and education, but will not request in such surveys that users provide specific information about any medical condition. We use survey information for research and quality improvement purposes, including helping Union Hospital, Inc. improve the Patient Portal. Users giving feedback may be individually contacted for follow-up due to concerns raised during such evaluation.
11. Disclosure. We may disclose personal information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the Union Hospital, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices.
Part 4: -Other Terms and Conditions of the Patient Portal
1. Patient Portal is a Private Network. This Patient Portal is a private internet application provided and maintained by and proprietary to Union Hospital, Inc., for itself and its subsidiaries. Unless we have authorized you to access the Patient Portal, it violates state and federal law to access the private computer network of another, such as this Patient Portal. Use of another’s user name and password is not permitted and does not amount to authorization to use this Patient Portal.
2. Patient Portal Rules. We reserve the right to promulgate rules and regulations pertaining to the Patient Portal. You agree to comply with such rules and regulations.
3. Updating this Terms and Conditions of Use. By accessing or using the Patient Portal you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, which we may modify and you agree that such changes are effective immediately upon posting of the changed version on the Patient Portal. Any revised Terms and Conditions of Use will apply both to information we already have about you at the time of the change, and any personal information created or received after the change takes effect. We encourage you to periodically reread these Terms and Conditions to see if there have been any changes to our policies that may affect you. The date of the most recent update will be posted at the end of this Agreement.
4. Patient Portal revisions, changes, updates and improvements. We may make revisions, changes, updates and/or improvements in products and/or services on the Patient Portal and described in these Terms and Conditions of Use or add new features without notice.
5. Investigations, Security Review and Audit. You agree to cooperate with investigations, security reviews or audits related to the Patient Portal conducted by Union Hospital, Inc.
6. Minimum requirements. You may access the Patient Portal via your personal computer or lap top computer, provided your computer is running Windows 2000 or later, and IE Explorer 7.0 or higher (other browsers are not supported ), Adobe Reader/ Professional 8.0 or higher. 512MB of RAM is recommended. You are solely responsible for keeping your computer secure, including updating it and its applications with required upgrades, updates and security patches available from third parties.
7. Patient Portal unavailability. Sometimes , the Patient Portal may be unavailable due to technical errors or for maintenance and support activities. We shall reasonably try to limit such activities to offpeak hours.
8. Warranty Disclaimer. THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT AND SITE-RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND HYPERLINKED PATIENT PORTALS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY UNION HOSPITAL, INC. NOR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY NOR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNION HOSPITAL, INC., ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS AND ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THIS SITE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONI ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE "SITE," AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKED PATIENT PORTAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR HYPERLINKED PATIENT PORTALS IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. IF AND TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEN THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION WILL BE LIMITED AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
10. Copyrights. Except as otherwise indicated, all content on this site is the property of Union Hospital, Inc. and/or its licensors and is protected bylaw and may not be used by you except with your usage of the Patient Portal in accordance with these terms and conditions.
11. Trademarks and service marks. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Union Hospital, Inc. and My Union Health Access are the trademarks or registered trademarks of Union Hospital, Inc. and protected by trademark laws of the U.S.A. and other countries. Other proprietary names, words, symbols and graphics may be designated as such from time to time on this site through the TM, SM, or P symbols. Users of this site may not use the Union Hospital, Inc. marks, including, but not limited to, as metatags or in any other fashion which may create a false or misleading impression of affiliation or sponsorship with or by Union Hospital, Inc.
12. Infected or Corrupted Materials. To the extent files are available for down load through the Patient Portal, you understand that Union Hospital, Inc. and the Provider cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that such files will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
13. No waiver. No delay or failure to require performance of any provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use shall constitute a waiver of performing such provision. Any waiver granted by a party must be in writing, and shall apply solely to the specific instance expressly stated. A waiver of any term or condition of this shall not be construed as a waiver of any other terms and conditions of this Terms and Conditions of Use, nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver.
14. Choice of law. By visiting or using the Patient Portal, you agree that the laws of the Commonwealth of Indiana, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Terms and Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Union Hospital, Inc., or our affiliates. You agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection therewith other than in the state and federal courts of Indiana, and you consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens regarding venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Indiana.
15. Questions, complaints, and contacts. If you have any questions about the Patient Portal or this Terms and Conditions of Use, including your rights under this document, you can contact Union Hospital, Inc. Support Team by telephone at 812-238-4911 during normal business hours or visit our Patient Portal Web site for more information or to submit a support ticket.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE DATE: May 29, 2014